The Sixth Form at St Alban’s aims to ensure equality of opportunity by providing a wide range of programmes that facilitate access and progression. It is our policy to operate an admissions system which guides students onto appropriate programmes of study from which they are likely to benefit and which will enable them to fulfil their potential.
Please see the school admissions policy on the main school website for further details: St Alban's Catholic High School - Admission
How to apply
Follow our seven simple steps to apply for your place at The Sixth Form at St Alban’s:
- Identify the subjects you are interested in. Check out our prospectus to find out about the subjects we offer that interest you.
- Attend our Open Evening. To discover more about your chosen courses and life at our Sixth Form, come and see us at our Open Evening. Please note: you are still able to apply, even if you didn't attend our Open Evening. We welcome applications from all schools.
- Apply. There is an online application form at the bottom of this page. Please fill in the application which will submit automatically to the Sixth Form team. Make sure you are aware of any deadlines.
- Receive your offer. We will let you know if you have been successful and offer you a place at The Sixth Form within a few weeks of the applications deadline.
- Attend an interview. After we grant you an offer, you can request an interview with one of the team, who will also be able to answer any questions you may have.
- Year 12 Enrolment & Induction Week. Join us to taste your subjects and start your year 12 journey.
- Sixth Form Surgery. Post-GCSE results advice is available at our Sixth Form Surgery in the days after results day – visit us if your results aren’t what you expected and discuss your options.
- Start your A Level courses. You will receive information in the post about the start of term. Welcome to the Sixth Form at St Alban’s!
Key dates for your diary
End of September – Sixth Form Open Evening. Applications open
Start of January – Applications close (after this date applications are still welcome, however, we cannot guarantee all requested courses will be available)
February – Offer letters released
March – Sixth form interviews and visit day for external applicants
April – Preparing for Sixth Form Aspiration day
June – Induction week.
August – Sixth form surgery post GCSE results
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please call the school office on 01473 705266 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org